Tuesday 6 December 2011

Cold Weather and X-Factor Finals


Hi Everyone,

The mind is a powerful thing, in the Summer it is difficult to imagine it ever been cold and as I huddle over the fan heater I wonder what it was like to be warm. I may also be lamenting the loss of the moustache as a heating aid.

I genuinely enjoy the snow so I’m excited for some snaction (snow action) not to be confused with snacktion (snack action).

The BBC Song of 2012 long list is out which proves some interesting reading, I need to have a few more days with some of the acts before I can decide who my favourite is but the Superbad track from Flux Pavilion and Doctor P is immense.


As I’ve covered X-Factor once or twice I should probably reference the final which is this week. Prepare yourself for the hype machine and the fact that it is totally irrelevant who wins as they will all be pushed to see where money can be made.

The criteria of what makes someone successful is by no means scientific so no need to analyse at any depth


Year
Winner
Most Successful (position)
2004
Steve Brookstein
G4 (Runners-up). They were on the radio for a bit with some dodgy covers
2005
Shayne Ward
Andy Abraham (Runner-up). He represented England in the Eurovision song contest (and came last).
2006
Leona Lewis
Leona Lewis (Winner). A couple of really successful albums and making it in the US.
2007
Leon Jackson
Nobody
2008
Alexandra Burke
JLS (Runner-up). Now onto their third album.
2009
Joe McElderry
Olly Murs (Runner-up). Number One album in the charts this week. Stacey Solomon (3rd) and Jedward (6th). Both presenting in some capacity.
2010
Matt Cardle
One Direction (3rd). Mass hysteria tends to follow them around.
2011
Marcus Collins*
Misha B (4th)*

*Predicted

Whatever happens expect a jump in sales from all guests that appear and some over the top indoor fireworks.

Time to defrost my feet!

O

x

No comments: